In recognition of the difficulty young people face as they strive to achieve their athletic goals at a Provincial, National, or International level. Fairview Agricultural Society has developed a Bursary Program for athletes ages 8-21 for any athletic sports activity. This money may be used to help cover costs of registration, travel, meals, etc. Four Bursaries of $500 will be awarded yearly by the Scholarship Committee. Applications can be made throughout our fiscal year, which is October 1 st to September 30th.
Nominations are invited from athletes themselves. Must be in letter format and accompanied by pictures and proof of activity or competition. Successful applicant will be notified within 30 days of their submission. If unsuccessful, you may resubmit your nomination the following year. An applicant can only receive a total of three bursaries overall, as we must allow other applicants the opportunity to receive this bursary.
Elements to be considered in the application include:
- An outline of the sport. When you started and how long you have been involved.
- What your future plans in the sport are
- Your commitment and dedication to the sport
- Achievements of notable competition results
- Volunteerism within the community
- How this event helps to promote leadership skills
- Must reside in the Town of Fairview, MD of Fairview or Clear Hills County
- Must be between 8 -21 as of Date of Competition or activity
- Proof of competition or activity with accompanying photographs
- Nomination and activity must occur within the same fiscal year
- If unsuccessful, you may resubmit your nomination in the following fiscal year
How to nominate
Nominations may be mailed to the Fairview Agricultural Society, Attn: Scholarship Committee, Box
1586, Fairview, Alberta, T0H 1L0 or can be emailed to email@example.com